Re: X on Windows (was Re: Introduction)

I don't know if i'm mistaken, but its my understanding that VNC has two
components one as displaying a windows desktop on a linux box (not in
multiuser mode) And 2.  It is an alternative to running an Xserver on a
workstation. And in this regard it is sharing linux desktops.

It was this use that I was interested in, correct me if i'm wrong but
the windows version is something they did later, and is far clunkier
than the original unix version(which still gets developed).

As far as the writers are concerned the beauty with the product is that
its only tiny (less than 500k) (as thin as can be) and a user can
disconnect from a session then reconnect.

>On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Bill Tihen wrote:
>
>>As far as using VNC on a Windows machine.  How many people can use
this
>>simultaneously.  I would assume only one because windows isn't that
>>friendly toward multiple users.  Am I correct.  I have never tried
this.

>I have.  It's like a battle for control.  The physical mouse and the
VNC
>mouse on the other system duke it out to see who gets to point.  Not
>particularly useful...

.- -- .