Re: Another Website, or page, needed

In message <36AD656E.44836B80@ms7.hinet.net>, white129@ms7.hinet.net writes:

>This website:
>
>http://www.slip.net/~brk/linuxedpp.htm
>
>should be most usefull to schools. However, it does not seem to get much traff
>ic.
>Can anybody help? It is of little use to get all our work done if nobody knows
>there are groups ready to help. It is not easy to get people interested in Lin
>ux
>to work at your school. I think this site is well contructed but needs more
>attention.

I will be doing another "seul status update" in another week or so, to include
a couple of seul-pub documents, the latest gEDA release, and whatever updates
seul-edu has to offer. This will reach approximately 700 people on the seul
lists, and >1000 people on various news sites that pick it up.

If you could work with Wil and Doug to migrate the linuxedpp pages to the
seul site (and consider working with the computerbank project and other
similar projects to join forces on the effort), you're likely to get more
people looking at the pages.

It's difficult to jumpstart pages like this, because most of the people who
would actually benefit from them won't be interested until things are already
moving. Often a very professional appearance will be enough to get over the
barrier...

Thanks,
--Roger