[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: Y2K is here!]

Heads up on a y2k issue.....

from a redhat list....

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 04:20:51AM -0500, Mark
Gray wrote:
> My 1996 AMI bios does not detect hdc when booting with a Y2k date (but
> there is an update available (moral -- do not get too confident until
> you try to reboot.))

Now *that* sounds familiar... When I set the
hwclock on my Dell 333P
(386/33 - don't know year or BIOS) from Linux
(using hwclock), it reverted
in BIOS to 1991 on next bootup and forgot all it
knew about its harddrive...
I was able to set everything manually in BIOS
again and the machine
booted, but I haven't tried rebooting since... :-}

Happy new year,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and
plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock |
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919
   "You have to live on the edge of reality - to
make your dreams come true!"