Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: thoughts on teaching programming]

Bill, what's a wige? Do I have one too? <grin>

> I agree, my wige hates programming, and basic was bad

> teaching reaches out to the most common level first, those
> that want/need more can get it later or on the side.

I teach a small module in an "information processing" course that
introduces programming concepts of variables, control structures, and
simple I/O, so that kids get the basic idea of it. Who cares about the
language. Something simple that doesn't require too much setup is good for
this class (everyone has to take it in our school).

I do this because I feel it is important that _all_ students have a little
exposure to these ideas and have a basic "clue" about how one programs
computers.

Les R.