Re: [seul-edu] Beta draft of initial public announcement for Tuesday

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Doug Loss wrote:

> William Abernathy wrote this for us with recommendations from David Bucknell
> and me.  Read it and give us your opinions quickly, so we can revise it if
> needed and let our translators work on it.  We'd like to have it available
> and ready to go in all languages by Tuesday.
>
> SCHOOLFORGE COALITION TO ADVANCE OPEN RESOURCES IN EDUCATION
>
> THE INTERNET, January 8, 2002 -- Schoolforge, a global coalition of online
> groups dedicated to promoting open resources in education, announced its
> formation today. The online project is located at
> http://www.schoolforge.net.
>
> In November of 2001, members of the online groups SEUL/edu
> (http://www.seul.org/edu), Open Source Schools
> (http://www.opensourceschools.org), and the K-12 Linux in Schools project
> (http://www.k12os.org) decided to develop a central organization to provide

I would like it if OSEF was included in this, www.osef.org

I will also see what I can do to find a quote from Kim Grimes (Librarian
at Corbett, who recived the ALA award this past year), about open
technology.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder