Re: [seul-edu] Linux in Academia

Janus Sandsgaard wrote:
On Tuesday 06 January 2004 18:56, Ken Gillam wrote:

The following groups have current discussions about Linux in higher
education. You may find information that leads you to uses in the social
sciences.

OK, but I was hoping for a group working more specific with Linux in highter education.

-j

I have yet to find such a group. It might be possible to contact LUG's which appear to be college and university based and establish such a group. Higher ed budgets are getting killed in the US, but most institutions are still running MS desktop shops due to the "deep" discounts offerd by MS.]

A starting list for locating the U's is here:

http://kegel.com/linux/edu/univ_us.html

- cameron