Re: [seul-edu] Free/Low Cost Computers

How about The Alameda County Computer Resource Center,  a 501(c)(3) non-profit
corporation.

One of the things they do is recycle old computers, install linux on them and
give them away to worthy non-profit organizations, schools or
underprivilidged individuals.

They also try to train under/unemployed people in the process.

See

http://www.accrc.org/

Their form for applying for a computer:
http://www.accrc.org/pdf/school.pdf

Gord

--
Gordon J. Holtslander	/	Department of Biology
holtslander@sask.usask.ca /	University of Saskatchewan