Re: [seul-edu] Site@School V2.1 betatesters needed

Doug Loss wrote:
On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 17:26, Hans Paijmans wrote:

I  feel sad when I think of the americans that I like and the
americans that I admire (possibly disjunct sets). But do not
forget that I, an assistant professor on a dutch university
will be forced to teach in english for a class of dutch students
and to discuss the affairs of my faculty in english in a meeting
of dutch staff members...

I can see where this would grate upon your sensibilities.  But I don't
see how SEUL can be considered to have anything to do with it.

Why fight the monopoly of Microsoft if we surrender without comment
to the American monopoly on education and culture?

SEUL comes into it because I have the distinct feeling that
non-American attempts at cooperation and non-American software
in the past have been ignored by SEUL. If that has been an
honest communication glitch I would like to discuss the chain
of events with you off-list.

--
Dr. J.J. Paijmans
Tilburg University, Faculty of Arts,       Dept. of Linguistics & AI