Re: compact distributions for old equipment

At 07:11 PM 7/5/99 -0400, Rob Bellville wrote [in part]:
>>If you could give me a better idea of what a set of apps might be -- or if
>>you can't and do repost this to the list, if someone else can -- I'll take a
>>closer look at how feasible running them on an old, limited host might be.
>
>Initially I'd like to see tutorial applications like basic math, word flash
>cards, simple sorts of basic programs. Most of these machines will probably
>be used for students in the special ed rooms who need additional help with
>the basics. Initially, I'd like to start off in the elementary levels
>(grades 1-5)

This sounds promising, but as I said in prior postings, I don't know much
about specific apps available for these purposes. If someone could suggest a
set of, say, a half-dozen *specific* applications, I'd be happy to try
setting up a low-end system to run them.

Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603    	 	        ray@comarre.com