Re: Ok, http://gperiodic.seul.org exists

In message <Pine.SOL.4.04.9906301510380.20041-100000@unix01>, mortis@voicenet.com writes:
[snip]

I still think that the 'home' link on the frontpage should be somewhere other
than second from the bottom. Top or (maybe) bottom is most common, I would
guess.

>> Speaking of which, I will do an announce of gperiodic on seul-announce
>> soon if you like. This is a list of around 740 people currently, who are
>> interested in hearing about this sort of thing. If you could point me at
>> a blurb, potentially including a list of things you'd like help on, that
>> would be very useful.
>> After that, I'll link to you from the seul frontpage, so more people will
>> see the site.
>
>Announcing it is fine with me.  Things I'd like to help on?  I'm not sure if
>I understand.
>
>thanks,

Actually, I'm thinking it would be more indepth than just a
one-paragraph blurb. We could pass it on to the linuxtoday software-news-
list, and it would live forever in the seul-announce archives (of which
there are only maybe ten messages total). We should start doing a single
message per new project we bring on-board, to give them more attention in
the eyes of the "seul people" (the ones who hover over their seul-announce
mailboxes hoping that one day we'll send them just the right app).

Basically, I had in mind as much as you were interested in saying (in a
concise way, of course). Current status, planned future improvements,
areas that other people can work on and should volunteer at (eg man page
and other docs?), areas that are new and could use some more testing, ways
of contacting you for making a suggestion for a new feature, you know...an
actual announcement. :)
Something more than the little summary that Freshmeat gets.

This could have the added bonus that then you'd have actual material to
put on your website in case people wanted to read about it.

I asked Pete to come up with a start for this, though I imagine you'll
want to add to whatever he's come up with. Hopefully seul-edu can work
together to throw out suggestions and polishings for the document, so
any given person doesn't have to spend too much energy. (Time to see
how we work together for actually accomplishing something. :)

Thanks,
--Roger