Re: gperiodic

> Unless things have changed, all those lab workstations should have
> earphone jacks in them for just such things.  Otherwise the problem you
> mention would occur for any program that uses sound at all.  I'll admit
> that we haven't really discussed the target user for this program (Kyle,
> do you have a feel for that?), but I was assuming its use in schools.
> For something like that I do think that having the ability to allow the
> educator to record his or her own audio files is beneficial.  Am I the
> only one who thinks this is a good idea?

The way it's implemented right now, it's all optional.  If anyone wants
to contribute sound files, I'll put them up on the gperiodic website,
and offer them up as an option -- as a seporate package, with it's own
install routines.

As far as knowing how to use this in a classrom, or the target user,
I have no idea -- I was reading about gtk+, adn needed something to help me
learn it.  The idea to create a periodic table came about purely by
chance, I was just a boored developer.

"From a certain point onward there is no longer any turning back. That is the
point that must be reached."
    -- Kafka