Re: Your Mission (should you choose to accept it)

Ian Bicking wrote:

> I think there are two ways in which Linux is fundamentally different
> from these other systems.

Only two ways ?

> First, Linux is multiuser.  [...]
>
> Second, Linux is built (mostly) on Free Software [...]

Third, Linux is a Unix OS, and provides full network connectivity.
Very few softwares use this ability in the educational context.

Fourth, Linux is really multitasking and multithreaded. As to now,
little attention has been paied to this. For instance, there is no need to
build a complete multimedia interface into each educational software,
since each software can communicate with separate processes which
are allready optimized to deal with multimedia documents.

Georges Khaznadar,
Laboratoire de Dynamique et Structure des Materiaux Moleculaires
Equipe de Thermophysique de la Matiere Condensee - UPRESSA CNRS 8024
Universite du Littoral, MREID,145 Route du Pertuis d'Amont - M. Schumann
59140 DUNKERQUE - FRANCE