Fwd: Boxer on Linux

Here's a forwarded message from Andy DiSessa of the Boxer group.  Boxer is an authoring tool that currently runs on the Macintosh and I think on Windows (although an earlier version ran on SunOS as well).  I'm sending this out of an account on a Novell GroupWise system here on campus, so if Andy's message doesn't come across properly I'll cut and paste it into my regular mail program and resend it.

Doug

-- BEGIN included message

You are right, Boxer on Linux is a great idea! I'd love to get it
done. I presume you've inspected our Web site. I just sent to the
publisher the manuscript for a book on Boxer. We're working to develop
open, tool-like educational materials of many sorts, in collaboration
with others.

Here are our constraints, though. I don't see how we could go open
source at the moment. We are hand-to-mouth with support for Boxer
development, and when we run our of University support (very soon), we
will just have to have an income stream, or our own Boxer development
will die. It's just me and my programmer that's keeping the whole
thing alive.

The other constraint is that, given the world as it currently exists
(it may be different next year) we need to concentrate on a Windows
Boxer. I suppose that's precisely where you could help us, working on
the Linux version. But how would that work??

--Andy

-- END included message