Re: Another introduction (2)

Resmon L. Gonzalez wrote:

> I'm taking this opportunity to finally introduce myself after three
> months of being in  this list.  I'm a computer engineering major whose
> working as an I.T. consultant for Veritas Parochial School, Paranaque
> city (offers pre-school to high school education).
>
> After this month, I'll take a breather from advocacy and continue to
> experiment with Tcl-Tk.  I share this list's concern about developing an
> authoring tool easy enough for teachers' use.
>
> I'm happy that people on this list see Linux as a tool supporting
> humanistic
> goals such as education rather than being an end in itself.

Welcome, Resmon.  I'm always glad to hear from people from different
parts of the world, as the different perspectives they bring to our
discussions can only make those discussions more useful.  I'm also glad
you're looking into Visual Tcl, as I think in has quite a bit of
potential to be a useful tool for education (with a little bit of
tweaking).  I'll be posting a message about another possibility for a
Linux authoring tool later this morning.

> Another humanistic goal which I can think of is developing a real time
> Linux-based weather/seismologic (did I get that right?) prediction
> system.

I'm going to take a look around and see if I can find anything relating
to this for you.  Don't expect a miracle, but I'll see what's out there.