Re: CoSource

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 07:59:47AM -0400, Doug Loss wrote:

> > Somebody just asked about  the idea
> > of people wanting a particular piece of software contributing to a pool
> > of programers to write it for them. Such a program is mentioned in the
> > August Linux Journal page 100, see http://www.cosource.com.
>
> I looked at this and think it's interesting.  I'm not sure how we would
> or should make use of it.  Could the rest of you take a look here and
> see which of our ongoing projects and todo list projects should be
> registered here?

The cosource idea is interesting.

My gut feeling is that as the free source movement matures, that something
like cosource funding will be how many/most developers will be making a
living.

Perhaps, once a few school institutions, school boards or ministries of
education develop a keen interest in the goals behind EduML, then they can use
cosource to collectively hire someone to bring the project quickly to general
usefulness while keeping it open source.

Bruno

p.s. I'll be away from my email for a couple weeks