Webelements

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 11:12:49AM -0700, Robert Hopcroft wrote:
> If you're looking for something challenging, that I would be surprised if anyone
> else has done, consider providing a means to hear the pronunciation of the name
> of the chemical element chosen.

Has the gperiodic audience seen webelements?
http://www.webelements.com/
I've been most impressed by the collection and presentation of the data
there.  It looks like a niche-killer to me.  As someone who's taken
chemistry courses from 6th grade through the undergraduate level, I
stopped looking for online periodic tables when I found this.

Apparently the source code used to generate the presentation of the data
is available for use by others if credit is given where due.  Copyright
is retained on the data, and it's not freely-redistriubtable.  A version
of the website will be published on CD once it's out of beta.  So I
don't know if this project qualifies as DFSG-Free, but it's certainly
more than reasonable.

And yes, Bob, it includes audio samples for pronunciation of the
elements.

(Sorry about the dated response, I haven't cleaned out the mailbox in a
while.  ;)

--
Kevin.Turner@oberlin.edu | OpenPGP encryption welcome here, see X-DSA-Key