Re: Greetings and introduction...

Doug Loss wrote:

> I looked at your xterms write-up, and I'm impressed.  Bill Tihen, take a look
> at this.  It's almost exactly what I envision our educational HOWTOs being.
> The only change I'd make is to make some linked pages going into more technical
> detail on how to accomplish the xterminal project you did, possibly including
> downloads of the floppy boot code you're using on your 486s.

The truly technical info is available from Jacques Gelinas' web site,
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/. You have picked up on a flaw in my web site, though - I don't
know who my audience is :-) I haven't decided whether to direct the site towards non-Linux
types who may be looking for an alternative to continously buying new equipment, or to
technical types who want to know the exact nuts-and-bolts of setting up a campus like this.
I'd appreciate insight on which audience needs more information, or should I find a way to
present to both?

Anyway, I do welcome feedback on it.

> Chris, could you contact Bill about helping with the HOWTOs?  You appear to have a talent
> for it.

I'd be happy to help, and will get Bill's e-mail address from the site tomorrow - I remember
seeing it there.

BTW, I loved the Twain quote... looks like it will be going above my desk :-)

--
Chris Hobbs chobbs@silvervalley.k12.ca.us|Network Admin | Web/Postmaster
Silver Valley Unified School District    |MCP - TCP/IP  |       J.A.P.H.