[seul-edu] Re: Kid's game engine

Hi Doug and everyone,

Why would you code a game-engine in python  instead of C  ?

Not that I want to start a flamewar on language,
but if you use a "generic" Graphic Lib (like SDL)
and a generic "sound Lib" (like the new OpenAL)
and an xml-data for the game format
what not just coding the engine in C (aka SPEED)
and add some python support for "customized" IA for game...

As a sidenote, you might want to give a look at this:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/06/30/magazine/mozilla_game.html
a game done with the "mozilla" tools (aka xml, dhtml...) which is also a
way to be portable.
(found on /.)

--
  jm