Re: [seul-edu] catalog of Free software

Jim Aird wrote:

> Now that would be really great!
> >From someone who is getting our first Linux box geared up and grabbing all the
> info from the list about software and where to get it, a nearly comprehensive
> list with descriptions and links would make it really easy to do things with
> our Linux machines.

This is what I would love to compile to pass out at
LinuxWorld.  We can post it in a comprehensive website and
forward it for our visitors to the SEUL-edu booth.  I have a
100 CD-R's I can burn in windows machines (ide burners), IF
we can compile a cd master.  What would be great is an index
and description of this software and links to the internet
home page and a "grabbed" copy of the website to look at
locally.  If this is done in stanard HTML, the cd should be
usable on Linux, Mac and Windows boxes.

Any volunteers?

Bill
--
"No woman in my time will be prime minister," said Margaret
Thatcher in
1969. She would go on to be the most prominent British prime
minister
since Churchill. Don't sell yourself short.
begin:vcard
n:Ries-Knight;Bill
tel;home:209-951-8233
tel;work:209-468-8009