[seul-edu] Language to teach 10 year olds

Hi.  I have been asked by a math teacher of a primary school (7-12 year olds),
to come up with a plan to help 10/11 year olds design a set of applications
that help teach math to primary one students (7 year olds).

The idea is for these 10 year olds to create animated applications to teach
things like addition, subtraction in a fun and game like manner.  The object
is to have these apps have some form of animation (simple) and help to
re-inforce what has been covered in class for the 7 year olds.  The 10 year
olds would have learned how to work in a project team and also how to design
applications to deliver a message.

I am torn between proposing the likes of illumatus/director and perhaps
smalltalk/logo.  I am seeking ideas on how else I can do this.  Although it
is not important that Linux be used here, I will have a good reason to
introduce it if the overall scheme is right.

Thanks and regards.
--
Harish Pillay 9v1hp, Chief Technology Officer
I Q m i n d . c o m -- Where Learning Never Ceases

http://www.iqmind.com
w 65.323.6838 x 12   f 65.323.0208