Re: [seul-edu] Language to teach 10 year olds

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, James Oden wrote:

>Actually, learning HTML is very useful if you write CGI-BIN or other
>types of web applications.  Also, though I would stress it as
>primary language to learn, there is a beautiful concept hidden
>in HTML (though not executed nearly as well as XML) which is seperation
>of content from format.
>
>> and because
>> nobody designed PHP and HTML with educative characteristics.

Life was not designed with educative characteristics too.
So, people inveted play-fields, yards and sand-boxes.

I think, the teacher must really like what s/he teach - then
the teaching will be successful.

>I cannot speak for PHP (but I am sure a hello world program
>could (-; ), but as far as HTML goes it does have educative
>characteristics in that again it teach the concept of seperation of
>content from format.  Now is that all one needs to worry about...
>no, obviously not, but I would not say that it has zero merits.
>
>> Specially HTML is an ugly language to deal with,...
>>
>Not if you use it for what it was meant for, which is to deliver content.
>...james

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Monday, July 16, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/