[seul-edu] Telepresence microscope project

Hello:

Together with a microscope facility at great distance from here, we are planning a telepresence electron microscope project.  An existing project of this kind is BUGSCOPE, at:
                   http://bugscope.beckman.uiuc.edu/

There is a compatibility issue at BUGSCOPE for both browser and operating system.  I am only beginning to study the issues.  I have been running GNU/Linux for 8 or 9 years; but I am not knowledgable enough to understand how to overcome these issues in developing an online project.  Not by a long shot.

Can anyone comment on how these issues might be overcome?  We need to interoperate with him with the browser and a video-phone.

Thanks for any comments,

Alan Davis
Marianas High School, Saipan

--
adavis@saipan.com                                     1-670-322-6580
    Alan E. Davis,  PMB 30, Box 10006, Saipan, MP 96950-8906, CNMI

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
                                  -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)

"The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must not
 conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true,"
                                  -- Albert Einstein