Re: [seul-edu] Fw: LinuxWorld Conference & Expo San Francisco

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Jay Sun wrote:

>  I agree, LinuxWorld is trying to make money on those sessions, and it
> has to be convinced that there are enough people interested in paying
> to attend the SEUL/EDU session.  Obviously not many schools are going
> to pay $1500 plus travel to attend half a day track in LinuxWorld,
> especially K12 schools.  There will be enough interest in colleges and
> Universities, but the management may be bombarded by blackborad or
> campuspipeline etc, and LINUX is not in their redar screen yet.  It is
> going to be a hard sale for LinuxWorld, thus hard sale for SEUL/EDU.

We had rather good attendance at the Linux in Ed pannel in NYC,
considering the time/day it was schedualed on.  We are not asking
LinuxWorld for an education track, just an education event to make sure
the people involved in the industrie see the connection.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)