Re: [school-discuss] Re: [seul-edu] Knoppix for Kids Beta

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:28:00AM -0400, Jim Thomas wrote:
> If you've already downloaded the iso, you can just mount it:
>
> mount -t iso9660 -o loop filename.iso /mnt/cdrom
> ls /mnt/cdrom

Unfortunately, in this case if you mount it loopback, you find that
there a few minor files plus a huge binary blob. Presumably this is the
thing which boots. (You all can investigate it yourself -- I've mounted
it at ftp://seul.org/pub/seul/knoppix/)

I usually mount iso's loopback on the ftp server so people can browse
them before downloading them. But in this case it won't do much good.

(I probably could mess with the binary and turn it into an image also,
and mount that. But that's more work. :)

--Roger