Re: [seul-edu] What do the students think?

In my 15+ years of system administration work, I've come to this
conclusion:  90% of the people don't care as long as it works.  Maybe
95%.  They have a job to do, they want the tools they've been given to
work well so they can get the job done.

This obviously plays into Linux's strong suit...reliability.  Most of
the students don't care about all of the fonts, formats, and templates
that Word or WordPerfect offers.  They want to be able to start their
paper, find it again, add stuff to it, and print it off without retyping
it.

So find a way to use Linux to make life easier for someone, and they
will love the Penguin....even though they don't understand.  Make them
look good, and they will love you.  That may be the teacher who can't
take time to administer a system or a student who thinks "Please don't
crash!!  I'm almost done!!".

Eric Raymond is right for most people.  They want to live in a world
where software doesn't stink.

Jim Wildman                         Senior Consultant, 3X Corporation
jawildman@cfanet.com                jim.wildman@3x.com  www.3x.com
http://www.cfanet.com/jawildman     (513)587-3647