Re: [seul-edu] Young Linuxers - Too hard? No way!

Karl wrote:

> These 'case-studies' alone, (even just 5 or 10 surveys from students
> around the US who are involved in setting up the YHSLUG linux-lab, and
> others like it) would prove to be invaluable presentation materials in
> pushing linux-solutions to other K12 schools. Along with student essays on
> how linux has helped their education (etc) their teachers/metnors can
> submit results of how open source has enhanced their learning curve, or
> taught them to work well with others, taught the research skills, job
> skills, etc etc etc.

> This also means that there is a lot of work to be done, at least from my
> point of view. It means that those of us who are interested, and have the
> time/initiative/energy to help gather these results/case-studies need to
> come together, and post our findings, and collections of opinons and
> proven case-studies.
> I hope that anyone who wants to work together on this, or knows of a group
> already working on this education-advocacy-how-to (similar to Doug Loss'
> commercial-port-advocacy-how-to), gets in touch with me.

This is exactly in line with the SEUL/edu documentation project.  Karl, you should
contact Bill Tihen about his SEUL/edu documentation guide, which will eventually be a
writer's guide for this kind of thing.  I'm sure he'll be supportive of your efforts and
will have some useful insights to give.

Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just
Bloomsburg University     sit there.
dloss@bloomu.edu                Will Rogers