Re: [seul-edu] long usernames?

Any idea on how to create usernames from common names that fit in the
8-character limit? I tried the psntools package, but it created only the
user directories without actually creating the users. So, i'm doing it
myself in perl, but i'm wondering if somebody has done it already (to
not reinvent the wheel and doing another ugly hack :)