Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Cheating and home schooling]

Hmm, I'll leave this on the list til Doug boots it off.

If you are talking about standardized tests (SAT,ACT, Iowa, TASS), then
those tests all have proctoring requirements.  Homeschoolers often take
them at the same time as government school kids.  If you are talking
about the daily work aspect, then the same problems exist as there
would be for students in a study group who are supposed to 'do their
own work'.  However, since most families only have 1 child in a 'grade',
it is somewhat more difficult for a particular child to 'cheat'.  The
greatest deterrent to cheating has always been an observant teacher who
has lots of time to watch.  It is hard to beat the student/teacher ratio
in a home school.  Even a large family (say 8 kids) has a 3 times better
ratio than many of the government institutions.

Maybe you can quantify the question better?

Jim Wildman                                    Lead Consultant, marchFIRST
jim@rossberry.com                               jim.wildman@marchfirst.com
www.rossberry.com                                       www.marchfirst.com
                                                             (972)560-7356
All opinions expressed are mine and not my employer's.