[seul-edu] Tux Print (Announcing plans for a new kid-oriented project!)

Greetings, everyone!  This is Bill Kendrick, author of 'Tux Paint.'
[ http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/ ]

I wanted to announce a new project I'm planning to start up called
'Tux Print.'  It's going to be a 'publishing' program for young kids.

Providing an extremely simple interface, it will allow kids to print
cards (birthday, 'get well', 'thank you', holiday, etc.), banners, posters
and more.

I'm planning on writing it using libSDL (like I did Tux Paint), meaning it
will be portable to various operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, etc.)

It will be very, very simple to use.  (Moreso than even Tux Paint, I think!)
With luck, the army of translators I've amassed for Tux Paint will be
willing to help translate what little will need it in Tux Print.

It will require (and hopefully have) a fairly comprehensive collection of
free clip-art graphics.  (My goal is to eventually support SVG:
Scalable Vector Graphics.)

I've applied for a SourceForge project ("tuxprint"), which will hopefully
become available within a day or so.  I've asked Sam Hart from Tux4Kids.org
if he'd be willing to host a mailing list (or three) for the project.

I'll no doubt put a site up at my NewBreedSoftware.com site some time
tomorrow, as well.

In the meantime, if you're interested in learning more or helping out
on the project (especially if you know how to deal with SVG in a portable
way!), please contact me privately!

Wish me luck!

-bill!