Re: Linux for Learning

I'd like to echo what someone else mentioned earlier. (I think it was this
list.) One of the biggest issues in schools is the pervasive use of
illegal software. I'm guessing that there's not a school in the country
that would survive a visit from the software police without some fine.
While not malicious, illegal use of software puts school in financial
jeopardy. Isn't free software a wonderful solution to this problem? We
should promote it that way. Unfortunately, I fear that few administration
types would be willing to deal with the problem of illegal software until
they get caught. I suppose corporations are no different.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your