Re: [seul-edu] Apache Question

Hi Kyle,

I am quite sure it is not a permissions problem, here
are the directory permissions though.

      4 drwxr-xr-x   4 bill     bill         4096 May 18
12:04 public

the inside public I have the following permissions.

   4 -rwxr-xr-x   1 bill     bill          227 May 18
11:40 index.html
      4 drwxr-xr-x   3 bill     bill         4096 May 18
11:42 shared

Also when I remove index.html I also get permission
denied.  Without even trying to get into shared.

I need the slash at the end because at the moment the
server isn't listed in a dns.

I didn't understand your advice very well.  I've
attached the conf files in the hope that you can point
out what I don't understand.

I am glad I was heading in the correct direction.  I
guess the problem must be with the Override stuff as you
suggest.  I don't care if all indexing is on since this
is on inside the LAN.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would be very please to resolve this before I go away.

Bill

> The issue is almost ceartinly indexes -- take a good
look at your
> httpd.conf,
> make sure there isn't a Directory section that
overrrides the one where
> you added "Options Indexes".  Also keep in mind that
if you have
> AllowOverride set, and there is a .htaccess file in
any of the directories
> leading up to the '/shared' directory, it may be
overriding the settings

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>

access.conf

httpd.conf