RE: [Fwd: [seul-edu] Samba and printing]

After my other rather flippant post, this solution occurred to me as
well.  It is slow (ie, job from pc to server back to pc & out the
parallel port) but it does work.  This is probably what Jeremy Allison
had in mind as well.

They all get spooled centrally if that is how the local machines were
setup.  Unless you have alot of people printing to printers on other
people machines, then this is a complicated solution to a simple problem
(the whole spooler idea).

So yes, Linux can do it (probably better than NT), but a better question
would be 'Why?'.

Jim Wildman                         Senior Consultant, 3X Corporation
jawildman@cfanet.com                jim.wildman@3x.com  www.3x.com
http://www.cfanet.com/jawildman     (513)587-3647