[seul-edu] Mail Filters

We recently had a word virus end up in one of our user's
docs.  She had to save it and open it to get it.  So I
figured maybe there is a way to force people to send
only rtf files and dissallow .doc and excel file (rtf
and tab deliminated files should work).  Anybody have
any experience doing this in a school.

I don't want to buy virus checkers and have to update 70
computers nearly weekly.  I figure mail virus filters
are expensive.

Is there some thing simple I can do with sendmail?  Has
anybody had experience trying this?  Can someone share
the results of trying?  Faculty repsonse, costs, etc.

Thanks,

Bill
TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>