Re: [seul-edu] Donated Computers Issue (opportunity knocks)

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 04:32:46PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Send you a final draft and have you put it on SEUL.org.
>
> >> $LOCATION, Wednesday:
>    ^^^^^^^^^ where is suel.org hosted?

seul.org machines are in the US and Canada (with the main server in
Boston), but the organization itself is international. I rather like the
"The Internet" location given in the KDE press releases. :)

> Dunno, is Microsoft a group (collective) or a single entity? The Borg always
> said `we'. (-:

But everybody uses Microsoft as singular. We sound funny if we don't.

> I could say `rolled away', would that do? Also, `noted' instead of `explained'
> twice in the one par.

sure

>     SEUL have dozens of case studies from real schools on line

and again, 'seul has'

>     (http://casestudy.seul.org/cgi-bin/caseview0.pl) showing the

http://casestudy.seul.org/ is the better url here. But rather than
pointing at our webpages, should we instead name a few actual real
life schools?

> I'm wondering if it's worth mentioning that `a library site', in presenting
> Microsoft's claims unedited, has apparently lent them unwarranted authority.

It's a shame that all of our examples are from Australia. No offense
to the Australians here, but US decision-makers don't think it actually
happened unless it happened to a large company in the US.

--roger