Re: [seul-edu] Donated Computers Issue (opportunity knocks)

tom poe wrote:

> Hi:  This is exactly perfect!!!  Stupendous!!!  In the best style of the
> Madison Avenue Marketing Gurus [that's a good thing], if I do say so, myself.
>  I hope this gets a unanimous "send it out" vote.
>
> Once it's on the web site, everyone spread the word to everyone out there.
> Doug??

I'm responding to this message since it has my name on it, but this is a response
to the whole thread.

I agree, this needs to go out ASAP, and as widely as possible.  Everywhere that
we can find that has taken notice of this MS page ought to get a copy of our
rebuttal.

While I applaud Roger for agreeing to put this out under the SEUL imprimatur,
might it not be better coming from Schoolforge?  After all, Schoolforge is a
coalition of ~75 organizations from around the world that are interested in Linux
in education.  If you all agree, we can put something on the schoolforge-core
mailing list (which is where decisions for the coalition get made) asking for a
quick approval of the message.  If it's not forthcoming, SEUL can put the message
out alone (or in concert with whatever other groups agree).

There's been a fair amount of good commentary on this on LinuxToday and
NewsForge.  Might we want to contact some of the people with particularly cogent
comments and ask their permission to use those comments in this message?