Re: [seul-edu] Donated Computers Issue (cont'd)

Roger Dingledine wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 06:24:59PM -0700, tom poe wrote:
> > It is a legal requirement that pre-installed operating systems
remain with
> > the computer for the life of the computer.

The M$ document says "It is a legal requirement that pre-installed
operating systems remain with a machine..." not that "the machine is

required to remain with the pre-installed operating system."

Unfortunately, it goes on to add "for the life of the machine."
when it
should have said "for the life of the OS."

I guess the REAL legal requirement is that you can't install the OS
on a
different machine, but they've manipulated the verbage to imply that
you
can't install a different OS on the machine.

How do you spell FUD?

--
Jim Thomas                            E-mail:
jthomas@bittware.com