[seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 12:18:54AM +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> Bzzt. Wrong. removepkg will uninstall for you.
Let's not degrade to distro war -- but we've switched to APT/RPM
(thanks to Conectiva) from bare bones RPM.  And "bones" of RPM
are WAY more powerful than pkgtool, period.  But it sucked
without APT, really :-)

And -- that way creating and maintaining some kind of
local/district/worldwide edu package repository for ZZZ-based
solution would be way less painstaking, I believe -- APT has
really nice package splitting/rejoining tracking capabilities
(with apt-get dist-upgrade), and that helps sometimes.

> Dan - who's upgraded to slackware-current and had to fix
> various random brokenness.
No time.  Better do the REAL job, not one which HAS to be done
once-and-for-distro at worst.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>