Re: [Community_studios] Re: [seul-edu] Re: Unified Front...

Hi, all.

Don't forget the all-important "does my intended application
actually RUN on that distro??"  8^)

There are some things that just don't run on any distro that's not
RedHat based, believe me.

But, yes, it is good to get a recommendation from more local people,
since as much as anyone can SSH in, if we need another pair of hands
at the keyboard it would be nice if they were familiar with the
distro.

Alex Heizer
http://www.synchcorp.com/alex
http://www.synchcorp.com/alexheizer

tom poe wrote:

> Hi:  Thank you Michael, and thank you Ben.  Appreciate the input.
> Tom Poe
> Reno, NV
> http://www.studioforrecording.org/
> http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
> http://renotahoe.pm.org/
>
> On Wednesday 01 May 2002 09:15, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 11:13:17PM +0300, Michael Shigorin
wrote:
Slackware.

> > > Q: which Linux distro should I choose?
> > > A: used by your local guru.
> > >
> > > Not definitely The Truth, but rather A Hint.
> >
> > Or by extension: the one used by the most knowledgeable/willing
to help
> > people in a nearby LUG (Linux User Group).  It can be a mistake
to base
> > such a decision on the availability of help from a single guru.
It is
> > better if you have a "pool" of gurus you can draw from, like a
LUG.