Re: [seul-edu] Another threat

Kevin,

FWIW, in my pilot work I'm approaching this problem with a three-pronged
attack suggested to me by some of my pilot participants:

1) They know instruction should be on concepts instead of products,
because products change on a very rapid basis - teach a man to fish,
etc.  This is popular, but MOUS certification is pretty widespread;

2) Bus. Ed. systems can be dual-boot/set up for Office under Wine (or
winex, or Codeweaver) to handle all requirements (this costs money, of
course, but they can't really do anything else);

3) work at the state level to get the requirements changed (will take a
while, most likely).

Does anyone know if there is an OpenOffice or StarOffice certification?

Matt

--
Matt Drew
Red Hat, Inc