Re: Micah's menu program

>>>EAMorical == EAMorical@aol.com wrote at Mon, 9 Nov 1998 00:43:56 -0400 :
>Micah responds:
>Doug writes:
>>> As many of you know, Micah Yoder wrote a menuing program designed to host

>>> educational programs (Micah, correct me where I get this wrong).  It was
>
>>Yes, that's correct.
>
>It looks like it could be used to select the correct level of learning for
>each individual kid. Too hard and it makes it easier, too easy and it makes
it
>harder. Also it could provide a consistant user interface across programs.
>Thought, what about Unicode support. There are non-English speaking kids
here
>with over a hundred different native languages. I'm going to have to ask the

>teacher how they deal with that.

Isn't this just exactly the point of open source software?  One person comes
up with an idea, others say, "You know, you could do X and it would be an
even better program," and suddenly you have something _very_ nice.  With
Micah's permission, could we get this set up as our first software project?
Bob, are you a Perl and/or Perl/Tk programmer and could help?  My Perl skills
 aren't very good, but I'll try to read up on the language so I can at least
be of a little help.

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes