Re:

>>>DM == Daniel Moore <mooreds@whitman.edu> wrote at Mon, 9 Nov 1998 02:18:26
 -0400 :

>This is something that I found on the comp.os.linux.annouce list.
>Seems to fit the whole education theme.  Sorry if it's already been
>mentioned.

>From: madore@clipper.ens.fr (David Madore)
>Subject: xletters 1.1.0 - catch falling words
>Date: Fri,  6 Nov 1998 19:00:28 GMT

>Announcing version 1.1.0 of xletters
>
>xletters is an X Windows game under Linux (or other unices) that helps
>you improve your typing skills as you try to catch falling words by
>typing them before they reach the ground.
>     David A. Madore
>    (david.madore@ens.fr,
>     http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/madore/)

I saw this too and downloaded the program.  Just like Roger, I didn't get a
clean compile the first time; unlike Roger, I stopped there.  Roger, if you
get David's permission could you make the binary available?  Barring that
we'll just have to make your mod to our own config.h files.  Anyway, I
invited David Madore to join this mailing list, but I don't think he's done
so yet.

--
Doug Loss            An idealist is one who, on noticing that
dloss@csrlink.net    roses smell better than cabbage, concludes