Re: Gradebook development

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 12:37:38AM -0800, Micah Yoder wrote:

> > --Roger

> Actually RMS just posted something about this.  It was in LWN last
> week.  He basically said that
>
> 1.  Anyone can release anything under the GPL, but
> 2.  If something is intended to be in the GNU project, they want to know
> about it ASAP, so they can coordinate efforts.  I think that even
> includes the "idea" stage.
>
> I'm not sure if calling something GNU is supposed to mean it's part of
> the GNU project.  Probably so.

hummm... I know I want our stuff to be GPL but I'm not sure how appropriate
it would be to be an official GNU project at least at this point.  I just
checked www.gnu.org and it looks like mostly heavy duty fundamental
programming to me.  What we are more likely going to be doing is putting
their stuff together like lego blocks to build/glue together a useful
universal GPL'd school package.

Thanks for clarifying this issue, Micah.

Bruno