Re: [seul-edu] Users Changing their Passwords over web?

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:

> K12admin might be appropriate here, but I haven't
> installed SSL yet.  I also have only one computer that
> needs this.  Can K12Admin be taken apart a little so
> that it only installs what I need?  For this I don't
> want teachers to be able to change the student's
> accounts.

I guess I could wade in here with some info about K12Admin.

SSL is not mandatory, just prevents packet sniffing attacks.  If you are
only allowing internal access, and are using switched hubs this is not a
problem.

For your purposes, you only want students to be able to change their own
passwords?  This could be done easily with K12Admin.  Teachers only have
access to accounts if they are added to the "Account Administration"
group.

Steve.