Re: Re: Group memory (was Re: [seul-edu] ebook readers and other such devices...)

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, "Bob Techentin" wrote:

> > If anyone has a better idea on how to accomplish something like
> > this, we're certainly eager to hear it.
>
> Have you considered setting up a Wiki?  A Wiki is a collection of
> collaboratively edited documents.  (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki)  The great part
> about a Wiki is that once it is set up, anybody can add/edit/contribute.  No
> one person is saddled with the editor's responsiblity.  I've seen the
> Tcl'ers Wiki grow from nothing to a useful community resource at
> http://purl.org/thecliff/tcl/wiki

What's involved in setting one up?  Is there any easy way we can seed it with
the info from our email archives?  I really want to get that stuff more easily
accessable.  Are Wiki's open to anyone to edit, or can they be constrained by the
membership of a mailing list?  I'll have to take a look at the URL you give.

--
Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@suscom.net     those in authority off their guard and give