Re: [seul-edu] Re: home-schooling thread

> On the issue about a "standard" news release form to have I would also
> like to bring up another needed item. There's about 40 people or
> projects that I have that I believe would be willing to help or are
> already doing the same thing as us. What would be nice to have is an
> "invitation to participate" that I could email them that explained our
> goals and that we believe we could work together achieving more. This
> way the email would have our links, mailing list, contact info, andwould
> be standarized. I'll end it there, everyone should get what I mean by
> this.
>
> Adam

Feel free to start with our seul-edu.info file when you're designing such
an invitation:

Welcome to the seul-edu mailing list.  This list is intended for the
discussion of using Linux for educational purposes.  These include using
Linux for student machines in school computer labs (primarily kindergarten
through grade 12), using Linux for faculty and staff use in K12 schools, and
using Linux for educational purposes on home computers.

Discussion is open to (but not limited to) what programs should be found,
ported, or developed for Linux to make it useable by teachers; what programs
are desired by home users for personal education of themselves and their
children; and what courseware is and should be available for student use in
schools.

We don't intend to create a new Linux distribution targeted at schools
(although we would support such a distro if one became available) but to
coordinate the discussion and development of things educational for Linux.
To that end we hope to stay in close contact with all the various
Linux-in-education projects and discussion fora that have recently begun to
appear.

We invite you to send a brief introduction of yourself to the list, so
we can keep track of what resources we have available and who our
audience is.

If you wish to receive status reports and announcements of the SEUL project
(including the seul-edu project), you should subscribe to seul-announce
(send mail to majordomo@seul.org with no subject and a body of "subscribe
seul-announce"). It is a very low traffic mailing list.

The archives for this list can be found at
http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/