Re: [seul-edu] KDE or GNOME?

Frankly speaking, I don't know which one is better,
before KDE and Gnome, we had FVWM/2 and that was okay,
just that you had to remember a big handful of such
commands.  Now, I have tried KDE, and despite its
gloss, it still quite a long way from the
functionality that Windows and the Macintosh have.  As
for GNOME, I heard alot about it, and some people rave
about the environment.  Therefore, I don't really know
which one to use.  KDE has a C/C++ suite called
KDevelop which is still in beta, while GNOME doesn't
seem to have except a powerful application framework.
So, from that point, you may be right to say KDE is
better, more sophiscated, but much remains to be seen,
because GNOME is much more organised.

=====