Re: [seul-edu] Quiet time

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 10:51:06AM -0500, Doug Loss wrote:
> Alan Chen, anything to report on the DigiKata front?  And all you
> other Linux in education project leaders, how about some updates?

When's the deadline? I've been meaning to excerpt and rewrite portions
of Digikata's proposal for the US Dept. of Education SBIR for public
release (probably on the OpensourceSchools.org site as well as here if
you want to post it somewhere on the SEUL/edu site).  It might be just
the motivation I need.

Other than that, Digikata's been getting into more mundane aspects of
the project -- Doing a close analysis of all the enrollment forms
flowing through one of the district child support organizations to
extract a common data schema across all the fed,state, etc programs.
We shooting for a schema that allows the district to fulfill their
legally mandated reporting requirements as well as internal
priortizing of support efforts.

If there are any U.S. Federal Headstart program administrators out
there, you might be particularly interested in the work. Digikata can
make the code availiable if you would like. (Its at a prototype state,
right now we're focusing on design.)

-- alan

--
Alan Chen