[seul-edu] Quiet time

It's been fairly quiet here for a while.  I have a Linux in
education report due on Monday, and very little to put into it.  How
about reports from some of you folks?  I know that Greek schools
have installed Linux labs across the country; does anyone have
reports on how those are working out?  I'd heard that there might be
some Linux in education things going on in Turkey, but nothing since
the initial message?  Anything there?  And anyone else, how are
things proceeding for you?

Alan Chen, anything to report on the DigiKata front?  And all you
other Linux in education project leaders, how about some updates?

One of SEUL/edu's long-intended efforts is to contact as many LUGs
as possible and encourage them to get involved with their local
schools.  For many reasons we haven't started on this yet, but I
think now may be a good time to do so.  First off, for all you
teachers: what approach do you think would be most useful for LUGs
interested in getting involved with their local schools?  Assume
that they aren't approached by the schools but have to make the
contacts themselves.  We need to come up with some Guides that give
useful, practical advice on this.

Second, for everyone: who is willing to help gather the information
and write the documents that we want to make available to the LUGs?
We don't have a detailed plan for how we want to support the LUGs in
this just yet, so you can help us define that, too.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people