[seul-edu] Forming a Coalition: Jason's tasks revisited

Jason Mellen proposed "tasks" for the possible coalition/collaborative, all of
which see worth pursuing at some point. I saw this coalition as being for
promotion and bringing together those already involved, so I think we should
start with :

*Allow each initiative to share its resources

I think the name OSEC (Open Source in Education Coalition) is good, unless
people want FOSEC in order to put "free" in the name.

David

*Provide software resources for use in education
*Provide tutorials and help information for teachers and administrators
*Involve the community to provide support
*Advocate the use of free software in schools
*Develop courseware to be used by teachers
*Allow each individual initiative (SEUL, OFSET, etc.) to share their
resources
*Provide a single place for teachers/administrators to give input into
development

Please add to the list and expand the ideas with your own.

Of course we also need a catchy name. How about FEC (Free Education
Coalition) or OSEC (Open Source in Education Coalition)? As you can see I'm
not being to creative here.

I'm just trying to spark some ideas. There are some great visions in the
community, we just need to harness them together.

--
David M. Bucknell
http://members.iteachnet.org/~david