Re: [seul-edu] international english?

From David M. Bucknell, Mon Nov 26, at 23:05:
 .I hope we'll find a way to form an international "collaborative" or a
 ."coalition for free and open source in education" that can be the work-base
 .for each of these cases; after all, coders can, in many cases where the same
 .licenses are used, "capitalize" on each other's code, sort of making use of
 .the available best of the gene pool. Why can't those of use working to promote
 .free and open source tools and content capitalize on each other's efforts?
 .Let's create a sort of commercial/product-neutral "brand" that goes on each of
 .our sites as volunteer members of this education-promoting collaborative or
 .coalition (lately that word seems over-used, although appropriate for us ;-)).
 .Participants would be defacto members of the "committee" that vets promotional
 .material that could be used by anyone or any group wishing to promote free and
 .open source tools and content.
 .

Please, what is ''vet''? Something like 'old', i guess...

This is only the incidental starting point for the following considerations.
Nothing directed to you David, rather to all the native english speaking people

To make our list a little bit more international i'd suggest to make an effort
to keep english as plain as possible.
Also chosing words of latin etymology, sometimes could be of help.

thank you
--
 Paolo Pumilia
 email: pumilia@acm.org